Tuesday, February 10, 2004

hello everybody!
who wants to listen to my low sexy voice?
or lack of a voice rather....
lost it doing 2 camps in a row.
i seem to have a penchant for (almost) losing my top at least once within a camp to get the kids to take me seriously.
1st camp was at moe campsite (wah big changes man, no more tents, the kids have kampong style huts to live in, coolness, and where do the instructors sleep? on the floor in the common areas, when there were at least 2 empty huts left...the irony...the irony...
anyway back to my camp stories...yes it was juying sec 2's, i got a sentimental class, meaning you asked them a question and they would all smile sweetly and silently at you. sometimes i prefer noisy groups who at least respond. anyway saw great improvement at the end, they actually started to become noisier. being the newbie i was, didn't take the easy way out by using the mic, used my voice...bad move especially since i've been out of the drama scene for a long long time..
ooh yes, eye candy instructors there hee hee, ok maybe only one, funny guy, my partner in camp, but i would much rather have my dan whom i can HUG...= )
made friends with other similarly blur instructors bi yun and felicia, together we are the ROCK CHICKS! YEAH! why? because we stone together....(pun intended)
the boys in my group were quiet but playful. had to confiscate squeezy bottles from them countless times, and they were STILL girl shy, tell me about it i couldn't belive it. tell them nicely to sit filling up the gaps they ignore me so i blew my top. lesson learnt. thanks adi, shai and eddie. there is more than one way to persuade a kid.
glad that all the kids dared to try the adventure stuff, even the most timid of them managed the nitro crossing and climbing at least a level of the rocks. i really missed belaying. more fun than climbing sometimes.
o yes, the bus trip at the end all around singapore as suggested by shai, i was too tired and blind (somebody sat on my glasses and broke them the last nite) to realise. slept on the bus throughout.
i also learnt to bring LOTS of hot sweets and cough syrup to camps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home