Saturday, February 25, 2006

My Thumb

Aneta says I'm a Silly Sausage

It all happened on Thursday night when both me and Jianny wanted to cook.

I figured she was more hungry than me so I let her go first with use of the chopping board and stove. I wasn't THAT hungry anyway.

So I let her cook and I ate my pineapple slices.

Which got me hungrier.

So I got out a tiny can of tuna and opened it by the tab. It sort of got stuck halfway and I thought I could safely open it by gripping the metal with my thumb and index fingers.

Never assume, assumptions can be a very dangerous thing.

My thumb slipped and formed a semi-deep cut.

That took HOURS to stop bleeding.

I tried every way to get it to stop, applying pressure (ah, now surgery skills come into good use), applying even more pressure and even holding my thumb above my head in the hopes that the blood pressure would be lower.

Aneta my Australian flatmate taking higher level JAPANESE called me a silly sausage and gave me plasters. Aneta our "nurse".

Now I have a crooked "smile" on my right thumb that "talks" everytime I move it.

Which makes simple tasks like cooking and writing and UNPACKING quite tough and annoying.

All because I was HUNGRY.

Why do I do these things to myself...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home