Sunday, March 05, 2006

I'm So Full of Crab

What Many People Have Already Suspected

Thank God for the harvest of crabs`we had on Friday!

38 crabs (legal size mind you, we threw back many undersized ones) by 12 girls (11 of them first-timers) in 4 hours.

Pretty good considering other groups have gone out, seen nothing, caught a crab ACCIDENTALLY, and have had to throw it back because it was undersized. Another group on the same day at another spot caught 3 crabs, by 8 people. The other group of 15 people at the same spot caught 50 to 60 crabs, well they were there for 9 hours. Kelvin brought 26 people last week to the same spot and got 50 crabs in 4 hours. Ziyuan, Kim and Anthony caught 4 crabs. A vast improvement from 1 last week for Anthony. Anthony came by and saw our catch and went: "How did you get so many?". We told him: "We prayed.= )". He told his group that they better start praying too. = D

We did pray, Carol did in my car before we set off. Bernice was in my car too and we all happened to be in the same little group catching crabs. I think we caught the bulk of the crabs. Everytime we managed to catch a crab we went : "Thank God!". The rest of the pairs and trios caught about 7 crabs per group.

Thank God for safety too. Moon fell asleep for a couple of milliseconds and for quite a bit on the way back when I saw her car sway then swerve madly. Thank God nothing worse happened.

When we got back there were 2 sinks FULL of crab. Most of them have never seen so many crabs in their lives.

We had a fun time experimenting with crabby recipes. Thanks to Flat 73, June and Ying's flat for allowing us to mess up their kitchen!

We had pepper, chilli, tomato, garlic and steamed crabs with ginger, garlic and chinese wine.

You just had to walk into the kitchens of Flat 73 and 75 and the atmosphere made it "crab heaven".

I ate crabs until I think I wouldn't want to eat any more for at least a year.

And we STILL had leftovers to feed people in other flats!

I still want to catch crabs! But I don't want to eat anymore. Ziyuan was like :"Catch and throw back?". No lah. I'll let other people eat. I just hope my boo boo sand/sandal abrasion on my big toe heals by Saturday so I can chase more crustaceans around with a giant steamboat scoop.

Oh oh thanks to Kelvin, Lydia and the other OCFers who lent me their equipment! You guys rock!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Sharon for organizing! I really had a good time!

Love,
Jianny

4:19 AM  
Blogger Weiling said...

I want a krabby patty!

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home