Monday, March 08, 2004

contrary to popular belief, I'm still alive...
this is what, week 3 at school and I am bushed! have 23 contact hours a week. But that may be nothing in comparison to Jassia's 30 hours...
But my craziest day is Wed, school from 8.30 to 4.30 with narly a 1 hour break at 9.30...hopefully we can change that around...
i have a tonne of reading I want to do! Need to get down to it.
Dan made steak last night, yummy! Used the 'Jamie Oliver style' red wine and balsamic vinegar...gorgeous...
O yes making lots of new friends, lets start with my housemates...presenting the returning students Jan and Andrew!!! (Jan gave me cute earrings from Thailand!)(Andrews not cooking anymore, o well he does need to concentrate on his studies...) = )
And I have MORE flatmates!
Maryann from Singapore, Mgs girl, she knows Jialin and Sandra!
Jenny from Malaysia...such a nice girl!
Ashleigh the exchange student from Canada, plays hard and studies hard!
Then theres Mun from Malaysia too...I open my front door and there her room is...
Also the freshies...Bernice, Marissa, Jia Wen (who knows Jassia!), Josephine, Shangzhe and Alex (the two guys whom I have not met in person yet...)
OOh we went crabbing on Friday, 5 of us, me, Dan, Zheng Dan's housemate, Val and Samantha. Quite happy. In fact too happy. Caught a crate of crabs, 200g of prawns in 2 hours! Had a feast back at Kel's house, chili, pepper...courtesy of Dan fantastic! Or as in the words of Mr Oliver...absolutely pukka! I think it was a little too much even with Jiamin and Kel helping to eat, we had a pot and 2 plastic containers leftover!
So cool, it was my first time scooping them, went to Mandurah, trudged in knee high water (cold at first! then it warmed up in the water grass...) sweeping flashlights here and there and seeing that familiar shadow in the shallows. I found a few prawns too!
Andrew went the next morning in a party of 15, taking 3 or 4 hours and getting only a crate...tee hee...
Now I miss my holidays...sob...
Gonna cook din din now, J.O. style. Mmm mmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home