Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I reckon I've grown. No not into an Aussie. Although I find myself using Aussie words such as "reckon" (think) and "U-ey" (u-turn) like I've used them my entire life in front of Aussies like Mara. Those words were like from a different planet the first time I set foot in Aussieland.

Trawling through the pages of Friendster because I feel especially "boliao" (Hokkien for nothing better to do), and I'm still high on caffiene, and I'm finally succumbing to Friendstermania, and I'm turning nocturnal again, I starting to find long lost friends and just so happening to look at their profiles to see if I actually know them, looking at their various status, or "stati"? (Jialin please correct me if I'm wrong my dear upholder of the English language), it doesn't bother me to see that they are in a relationship. In the thought processes of Mara "Meh! Well...". Four years ago I would have felt utterly lonely, now the fact that people are attached and I am not doesn't even get a physiological reaction out of me. I'm like "Oh cool! Some of them my age and younger are trying on wedding gowns!" and not much else. I know some of my friends are even having babies, got divorced (!)... I can't imagine being there because I've never been there but I think "Somebody my age? Married? With kids? Amazing!".

I've been on both sides of being "post-single/pre-attached" now, which may have helped me to see things with a more balanced perspective. God showering me with His love by HOLDING the rain for me really helped too. All I can do is revel in who God made me to be, not bother about my "status" and be happy for everyone else. That's my worry-free philosopy! Hakuna matata! = D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home