Sunday, March 26, 2006

I Stand Corrected

Some Things Just Grow On You...Like Music!

I was wrong. Even though I wasn't immediately attracted to Corrine May and Switchfoot, they've sort of grown on me.

In chronological order? Switchfoot first. They've got an advantage because they are male, and I do have a penchant for male vocalist's... VOICES.

Thanks to their number one fan "I love Switchfoot so much I have a I LOVE SWITCHFOOT t-shirt" Jialin for introducing them to me. Sometimes I've mistaken them for Relient K or the Paul Colman Trio. Switchfoot can't be THAT good, can they? Oh wait, it IS Switchfoot. Haha.

I thought Corrine May's vocals weren't that fantastic, but her music was easy to listen to nonetheless.

But the more I listen to her the more her music moves me, the more the music means something to me and touches my heart, taking me, carrying me off to a faraway place. Hey she has to be pretty good to do that. The only other female vocalist that can do that for me is Norah Jones. Now I want to buy Corrine May's next CD. = )

Thanks to Brian the Brain for introducing her music to a music "swakoo" (country bumpkin) like me and for Chris for continuing the journey by letting me hear her live in concert and really getting to know her soul in her music.

Hey I see a pattern here.

The girls want me to listen to boys...

And the boys want me to listen to girls.

Any more music recommendations? I'm up for experimentation, I never know what I'm going to like. Sometimes it takes a little time for me to like it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home