Friday, March 19, 2004

Hi bloggee!
Waiting for a truckload of washing to dry in the dryer...so here I am! Just tried an adapted JO recipe for risotto, lots of hard work but full of oozy goodness...when can I do it again? = )
Have I said Perth weather is mad? It's the start of autumn and temperatures been from low 10s to low 20s. This weekend its going to hit 40 degrees. How fun. Hence I am taking this oppurtunity to wash all my summer clothes!
Been learning how to drive. No easy task mind you. I keep speeding and overturning the wheel. Any pointers? But the thing is I find it pretty fun, like a computer game. But the reality of safety brings me back to the ground. I have to try not to speed! Thank goodness for a kiasee driving instructor. Her name's Tanya. She comes pretty well recommended. Jialin, Wengyan and Eileen have all gone through her. Pretty well reknowned too. Multi-failures go through her and pass!
Been SOOO tired these few weeks. By wednesdays I feel like the week has ended. Not. It doesn't help that the biochem prof has extremely disorganised notes. Anatomy is seeming to be one of the best units this semester in comparison!
Talking about anatomy, took incriminating photos of Valerie palpating Carlton the greyhound from behind...Now if only I knew how to upload the photo in HTML...
What's up with surprises nowadays? The singapore vet gang surprised me in my flat with a lemon meringue cake hee hee. Thanks guys! Initially they wanted me in the common room on the pretext of something urgent going on but I had my Problem Based Learning excersise to complete so I declined. (Procrastinate my middle name shall be...) Then out of the blue Lydia, Wengyan and Jialin turn up at my flat with serious faces. I was thinking "This has to be serious man!" ( Been hanging around Zheng too much, hence the 'mans') Then Valerie walks through the patio and opens my front door to reveal Eric holding the cake! What an elaborate hoax. A happy one no doubt!
The night before my flatties surprised me with home made cheese cake. Not. They placed 4 quarters of cheesecake shop slices together. Yummy! And they gave me a lava lamp!!!!!Woopee!!!I always wanted one, But I think nah...too frivolous to spend money on. Sounds like my little ponies with me too... its silver with purple water and red wax!! Funky!
Then in the day, Dan acted like he didn't remember at all. I'm ok with it, was just wondering. After all you are only born once, no big deal with me. I nearly forgot about this year's one myself! But I will definitely celebrate other people's ones, I need to get mobile! Hurry up driving brain!!! Dan remembered. Gave me a most memorable day which started with dim sum (they call them dim sims here. Weird) buffet at $10 a head with Uncle Moses and his life group. They were a blast! They are sort of the kind of happy uncles and aunties I miss from Singapore. It's like what God says, if I forsake my family, friends and home for the gospel He will provide me new family, friends and a home! Then went to Cottesloe for dinner at the dunnowhat teahouse. The old buildingwith quite nice food! Thank God for friends and loved one like that!
Tis the season to be crabbing (with a giant steamboat ladle!My first time!) and prawning (with a giant sock!) and eating til we can eat no more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home