Sunday, November 06, 2005

While watching a musically inclined kid on "Australia's Brainiest Kid" I realised why I never really made it big on the piano after years of regimental practical and theory exams. I just can't keep in time. It's just way too restrictive on me. Not too good if most of the songs for exams are classical and one note out of beat means a piece sounding a little off. I guess I just walk to the beat of a different drum. = )

That's where jazz and blues come in. In my last practical 6 years ago an optional piece was "Blue Note" which I loved to pieces. I can still remember most of it by heart even after my piano fingers have gone a little rusty. After I left the piano on a hiatus to concentrate on the "levels" the Royal School came out with a whole jazz syllabus. D'oh!

Maybe I'll get back to jazzy numbers back home. I've got a few beginner jazz books stashed away. Oh yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home