Friday, July 06, 2007

Time Warp!

I've been so busy in vet school that it doesn't even feel that one and a half years have gone by already and it didn't feel like the month of June that just passed by because I was spending most of my time in school anyway.

Now, in chronology of dates I have forgotten are:

1. After swapping extra-mural dates with 2 different people (out of the goodness of my heart, ha ha )and not checking my schedule and just assuming that I had the first week of my 4 week holiday off, I FORGOT to turn up on the first day of my extra-mural week. I only realised it late in the afternoon that the date was, indeed the 11th of June. The charge nurses just laughed, and Dr Peter didn't seem that amused, but by the weekend was quite cordial about it all. Anyway it worked out well because surgery wasn't taken (somehow not many people like surgery, most prefer doing medicine or general practice, good for me!) and I volunteered to do an extra day in clinics. I wonder why some of the nurses think I live in uni...

2. Having had most of my flatmates move out on various dates, I somehow associated it with Hammy coming over on the 27th of the holiday month. Having Equine extra-mural that week I was stressing out over how I could make time to fetch her and her family at the airport. AND she hadn't given me concrete plans either. And she was due to come in a few days! Aaah! So I started hounding her on email and even SMS, and when I signed off "Yay! Hammy's coming over tomorrow!" did the mix up show up glaringly. She emailed back "Sharon! I'm coming on the 27th of JULY!". Oops. We must be the worst best friends in the world. We can't even remember each other's birthdays. Speaking about birthdays...

3. Seeing as I didn't even feel it was June, while talking to the folks back home it dawned on me I had forgotten my brother's birthday! After apologising profusely and thinking that he was one year older than he actually was, he really didn't seem to care much and said it was ok. Good on you bro! (Actually he doesn't really care about my birthday either, we must be the worst siblings in the world!); )

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home