Thursday, August 12, 2004

I love pigs! Handled them for farm practical yesterday and they were incredibly endearing! Most contrary to what the seniors say. Yeah they did squeal like anything when we picked them up but once we held them close and made them comfortable they quieted down and stayed in our arms like babies! The weaners (just weaned piglets) were like puppies, trying to get close to explore you and snuffling with their wet snouts. They just have the most intelligent eyes! The piggies were kept in a "porcine facility" that had automatic windows that go up and down according to the temperature. It was incredibly clean too, maybe it just smelled like pigs...I think I stunk up the flat when I got back. Andrew refused to walk past me without holding his breath...I think I'm weird but I like the smell of animals, sometimes I wish I could bottle up the smell of the zoo...wonderful! I think I strained a few muscles trying to restrain the porkers (40-50kg) and finishers (80-90kg). They are so so strong! Phew, I think being a camp instructor prepared me well for animal handling, had to tie knots fast to get the piggies. We also had to practise esrimating the weights of them...I think I'm pretty good at that! I wish I could have a piggy for a pet...

2 Comments:

Blogger alvin said...

wah!!!since when did u satrt updating?!?!?!ahhaha!!! pigs are cute!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Sin Yi said...

you changed your template!! niceee :) and it's good to read your updates...sounds like you're enjoying what you're doing! happy for you! and i miss you! :) -sinyi-

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home